Planning for your wedding involves a countless number of tasks. Often times a bride can get caught up in her to-do list and completely forget about her own personal wedding preparation. Between her hair, her body, her face, etc., there are many different guidelines created that explain how you can plan to look your best on your wedding day. Keep reading if you want to find out what the standard wedding beauty timeline is so you can add these things to your to-do lists. We hope that this post will serve as a great reference for all future brides!
1 Year Before: This timeframe gives you enough time to develop new routines and have plenty of time to achieve any longtime goals.
- Begin any new skin care regimens that you have wanted to try; you can afford to spend a few months figuring out what works and what doesn’t.
- If you want to drop a few pounds or if you want to gain some curves, this is the time to develop and begin your workout/diet routines.
6 Months Before: Here is where you begin to look into specific things that you know you want for your wedding. Doing these things this far in advance gives you the time to experiment and if for some reason you are not happy with something that you try, you have plenty of time for it to be fixed.
- Find the perfect place/person to do your eyebrows and lashes, if you already have somewhere or someone that you trust and love then you are good to go! Determine if you want your brows waxed or threaded, and also decide if you want to try strip lashes or individual lashes.
- Give facial waxing or threading a try if you are considering having airbrushed makeup. Some brides go the extra mile to get their face, upper lip, etc. waxed so they can appear super smooth on their big day.
- Experiment with hair color or a haircut if you have wanted it. If you don’t like the color, 6 months is a good amount of time for it to be fixed, and if you cut your hair and don’t like the cut, you will also have plenty of time for it to grow out some before the wedding.
- Exercise proper caution in the sun and be sure that you apply proper sunscreen to avoid any burns/unwanted tan lines.
3 Months Before: Now, you are getting closer to your big day and it is time to get serious and prepared.
- Schedule your hair and makeup trials. Go in with photos and be very clear about what you want. And once you decide on what you want, schedule your appointment for your wedding.
- If you are into tanning then you should begin trying out airbrush and spray tanning at least 3 months before your wedding.
1 Month Before: The real countdown has begun. Time to get beautiful!
- Don’t change your skin care routine at this point, you don’t want to do anything new this close to your big day.
- Now that you have already went in for trial beauty appointments, this is the time to schedule everything else that needs to get done, like your lashes, eyebrows, tans (if needed), manicure and pedicure, etc.
Use this wedding beauty timeline as a template for your own wedding; add to it and swap things out as you please!
Source: Nancy Caroline Bridal Styling
Social Media Manager/Event Assistant,
Devoted to Your Event